About

Mission Statement

To perpetuate the memory and spirit and keep alive the ideals and traditions of St. James High School.

To support secondary Catholic education within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia through our scholarship program.

 

Structure
We are a 501 (c) (3) non-profit charitable organization registered with the Internal Revenue Service and the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations and a registered participant with the E.I.T.C. (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) program here in the State of Pennsylvania.

20014-2016 Alumni Officers
President – Michael Ritz ’71
Vice President – James Connor ’63
Treasurer Jim – Robinson ’66
Secretary – Scott McNeill ’91
Vice President of Choir Affairs- Louis Robinson ’68
Executive Director – Judy Keenan
Chaplin – Fr. Charles O’Hara ’59
Asst. Chaplin – Msgr. John Savinski

Location and contact info
The Doghouse
1499 E. 9th St.
Eddystone, PA  19022
Phone: (610) 876-2006
Fax: (610) 876-1324
E-mail:  stjdoghouse@comcast.net
Website:  www.stjbulldogs.org
Facebook: Click here

Additional info
Our current membership stands at over 1,600 active dues-paying members. Since 1993 and with the awarding of our scholarships for the 2014 – 2015 academic school years, the St. James Alumni Association have awarded to date $912,000.00 in tuition assistance to deserving young men and women enabling them to continue their Catholic education. We are currently supporting 34 students with four year scholarships at five Philadelphia Archdiocesan High Schools. In addition, we have provided tens of thousands of dollars in financial contributions and services to many charitable organizations throughout our community annually including City Team Ministries, Salvation Army, The IHM, Bernadine and Missionaries of Charity Sisters, Catholic Social Services, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary and the American Red Cross. We have received much acclaim for our charitable work including resolutions from the Delaware County Council and the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas. In 2015, the Alumni Association was inducted into the Foundation for Catholic Education Hall of Fame. Our choir, “The Blue and Gray Voices” was also named “Outstanding Fraternal Organization” in 2011 by the Philadelphia St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee. And in 2012, we received an Apostolic Blessing from Pope Benedict XVI in recognition of our support for Catholic Schools. We were also honored by having one of the newly formed regional elementary schools here in the Archdiocese named in our honor, St. James Regional Catholic School where our Executive Board serves on the Board of Advisors.

Past Presidents
Marty Fagan Sr. ’43
Robert Nugent ’43
Walter ReDavid,Esq. ’44
Robert Urbani ’44
Edward Blair ’59
Ray Van Horn ’59
Sam Lewis ’62
Bob McLaughlin ’63
Tom Schubert ’79